[Nut-upsuser] Request to IANA for transfer of port 401/TCP (ups) to the NUT Project

Roger Price roger at rogerprice.org
Mon Apr 4 14:17:34 BST 2022

I have begun the process of requesting the transfer of port 401/TCP (ups) to the
NUT Project with Jim as Assignee.  For the project's records I attach a copy of
the request.

Since this transfer involves a system port below 1024, which is considered as
very valuable real estate, Internet Engineering Steering Group (IESG) approval
will be needed.  This can take several weeks.  However our IETF document
reviewer is also part of the IESG group of Expert Reviewers and this may speed
things up.

Note that IANA forbids transfers, so we must go through a two-step process.

I will keep you informed of progress.   Roger