[Nut-upsuser] NUT I-D (Internet Draft) progress

Roger Price roger at rogerprice.org
Mon Apr 4 14:42:33 BST 2022

The IETF review of the I-D continues, and we have reached version 09 which you
will find at
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-rprice-ups-management-protocol/

I think the proposed text is much better following the IETF review of the
previous sections.

The next big subject in the IETF review will be section 6 "Security
Considerations".  I expect that a lot of rewriting will be needed in that
section, but there will be no technical changes to the NUT protocol.

You may have seen in a recent posting a progress report on section 7 "IANA
Considerations".

Roger