[Nut-upsuser] RFC 9271 Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) Management Protocol -- Commands and Responses

Roger Price roger at rogerprice.org
Wed Aug 24 12:25:21 BST 2022

On Wed, 24 Aug 2022, Jim Klimov wrote:

> Sorry, forgot to update the News entries.   And stumbled on terminology: since
> this I-D is "from community" and "not an imternet standard", how should I
> correctly refer to it? :) Is the following OK?
>
>     NUT protocol RFC published at https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9271

To be more formal you could even say

      UPS management protocol, Informational RFC 9271 published by IETF
      at https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9271

Better to refer to "UPS" as in the RFC title, since NUT is the implementation.

You could also add in the News that IANA have made the RFC the reference for
port 3493, even though it is not formally an Internet Standard.

Roger