[Nut-upsuser] How to change shutdown notification threshold on Fortron UPS Champs (blazer_usb)?

Roger Price roger at rogerprice.org
Mon Aug 29 14:14:14 BST 2022

On Mon, 29 Aug 2022, Pavel Hofman wrote:

blazer_usb reports:

>> ups.model: WPHVT2K0
>> ups.productid: 5161

The Fortron site https://energy.fsp-europe.com/uninterruptible-power-supply/ has
no mention of these references.  I wonder where blazer_usb found them?

>> ups.status: OL

If you unplug the UPS from the wall, and run it down, maybe with a dummy load,
do you see OB, LB, other statuses?

>> battery.voltage.high/nominal/low: 52.00/48.0/41.60

Does the battery.voltage drop regularly as the UPS exhausts itself?

If battery.charge.low is not available, perhaps it is possible to get the same
effect by watching the voltage drop to a critical value.  This needs upssched
and a custom upssched-cmd script.

The alternative is to shutdown after a fixed time in status OB.  Its my
preferred solution since I live in an area with a lot of lightning strikes, but
few people seem to do it.

Roger