[Nut-upsuser] NUT no longer works after 2.7 -> 2.8 upgrade

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Fri Dec 2 00:15:52 GMT 2022

Simon Wilson via Nut-upsuser writes:

> Just read through your tracking down of pid paths... yikes.
>
> I'm just looking forward to a set of RH/Fedora packages which are not borked
> out of the box.

I'm not sure what's going on with that. Looking through that package, it was
built back in September, long before Fedora 37 was released. It never
worked, from the looks of it, but, so far, there's been no activity in the
bug.

Given that nut is, pretty much, the dominant UPS monitoring software on
Linux I can't quite figure out how this wasn't noticed. Noone who's running
Rawhide (and there seems to be quite an active Rawhide-using community) was
using nut?

And even now, weeks after a Fedora release, that bug is not blowing up with
everyone, and their uncle, complaining that nut is completely non-
functional? So, what, there are less than a dozen people out there who are
using Fedora and a non-APC UPS, for which nut is, pretty much, the only
option?

This one's a head-scratcher.