[Nut-upsuser] Shutdown variables

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 02:23:06 GMT 2022

On Nov 27, 2022, at 8:21 PM, Simon Wilson via Nut-upsuser wrote:

> "[replbatt] The UPS needs to have its battery replaced. Not all UPS's can indicate this."
>
> Can anyone advise whether the Eaton USB UPSs support that? Specifically mine is a 5SX 1750.

I don't know for the 5SX line in particular, but if you have a maintenance window where you can stop NUT, then start the usbhid-ups driver manually with a few -D flags (was 2+ for older versions of NUT), there is a HID descriptor element you can look for:

UPS.PowerSummary.PresentStatus.NeedReplacement

and that gets mapped to the RB flag in ups.status, and "Replace battery!" in ups.alarm.

If the 5SX is a superset of the 5S, then it should have this. A 5S 1000 log is here: https://alioth-lists.debian.net/pipermail/nut-upsuser/2016-May/010122.html

Reference:

https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/blob/v2.8.0/drivers/mge-hid.c#L1264 (assuming your UPS has a vendorid of 0x0463) maps the variable to replacebatt_info -> mapped to "replacebatt" string in drivers/usbhid-ups.c, then to RB: https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/blob/v2.8.0/drivers/usbhid-ups.c#L1681-L1683

--
clepple at gmail