[Nut-upsuser] history of the power in the wallH

manuel wolfshant manuel.wolfshant at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 13:52:03 GMT 2022

On 12/20/22 11:08, Dark Corner via Nut-upsuser wrote:
> I see in the status panel on the Master and on WinNUT-Client that the
> "Input Voltage" and "Frequency" values are reported.
> These are values that I am interested in statistic, as well as others,
> for example when the current has failed.
> Sometimes we find systems stopped and no one knows if, when and how
> many times the power has failed or if there has been a voltage overload.
> As well as output I would like to keep a statistic of the load
> connected to the UPS to know when someone has connected something else
> to the UPS and all the shutdown parameters are then skipped because
> the load was excessive.
>
> If there isn't already something that does this, I would like to
> create a script with commands to read some values and put them into a
> file which I will then pass to a spreadsheet.

A very very very long time I used a script similar to the one below in
order to monitor an UPS and alert me by mail if the current temperature
exceeded a specific threshold. If you adjust the parameters for awk ( or
instruct upsc to report only what you need - in my case I wanted rounded
values so I did not use the syntax "upsc <UPS> ups.temperature"  ) you
can monitor whatever variables you are interested in.

----- cut here -----

#!/bin/bash

CURTMP=`upsc ablerex at db | awk  '/ups.temperature/ {print rounded =
sprintf("%.0f", $2)}'`
HIGHTMP="40"

MAILTO=""
DEST="tech@$DOMAIN"

if [ $CURTMP -ge $HIGHTMP ]; then

echo "Current UPS temperature: $CURTMP" | mail -s "UPS temperature >
40"  $DEST  > /dev/null

fi

----- end here -----

Note that upslog is probably a better solution for you because it can do
continuous monitoring, writing to a file with specific formatting while
also selecting only the variables you are interested in

Unfortunately I no longer have access to the machine where I used it so
I cannot copy/paste that old script.

> What should MRTG help me with UPS?

it can create nice graphs.

wolfy