[Nut-upsuser] ups services not starting at boot time

Timur Tabi timur at tabi.org
Fri Feb 4 22:33:35 GMT 2022

On 1/11/22 11:21 PM, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:

> 2. Run the following commands:
>
> #systemctl disable nut-driver
>
> #systemctl enable nut-driver.timer

When I run this command, I get this warning:

# systemctl enable nut-driver.timer
The unit files have no installation config (WantedBy=, RequiredBy=, Also=,
Alias= settings in the [Install] section, and DefaultInstance= for template
units). This means they are not meant to be enabled using systemctl.

Possible reasons for having this kind of units are:
• A unit may be statically enabled by being symlinked from another unit's
   .wants/ or .requires/ directory.
• A unit's purpose may be to act as a helper for some other unit which has
   a requirement dependency on it.
• A unit may be started when needed via activation (socket, path, timer,
   D-Bus, udev, scripted systemctl call, ...).
• In case of template units, the unit is meant to be enabled with some
   instance name specified.

I don't think it's loading:

# systemctl | grep nut
● nut-driver.service
                                   loaded failed failed    Network UPS
Tools - power device driver controller
● nut-monitor.service
                                   loaded failed failed    Network UPS
Tools - power device monitor and shutdown controller
   nut-server.service
                                    loaded active running   Network UPS
Tools - power devices information server