[Nut-upsuser] Can NUT handle a laptop battery?

Jim Klimov jimklimov at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 09:03:21 GMT 2022

Just to clarify: I don't think there is a NUT driver that would consider a
computer's local battery as an UPS - probably no-one came around to write
one, and probably that would be very much OS-dependent (more than HW
dependent).

The laptop should be okay as a NUT client (for external NUT servers), as
well as a NUT server for traditional connections to serial/usb/snmp/...
UPSes with respective drivers.

Jim