[Nut-upsuser] NUT no longer works after 2.7 -> 2.8 upgrade

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Wed Nov 30 12:02:02 GMT 2022

Simon Wilson via Nut-upsuser writes:

> Versions 2.8.0-5 and later:
> - pull in 'nut-client-tmpfiles' as SOURCE3
> - write driver service file ExecStartPre to look for it...
> - ...but don't actually install it (commented out line to use it in
> nut.spec)...
> - ...and end up with the 'standard' nut-common.conf file but a service file
> looking for something else
> - appear to have FIXED the broken STATEPATH / pid path
>
> All in all it looks like the Fedora/RH 2.8.0 packages are not going to run
> as expected "out of the box"...

I took the 2.8.0-5 srpm and replaced the commented out line with

install -p -D -m 644 %{SOURCE3} %{buildroot}%{_tmpfilesdir}/nut-common.tmpfiles

The next line then puts it into %{_tmpfilesdir}/nut-common.conf

I rebuilt it, and this seems to work fine. Everything starts up happy. When
I looked at the spec file, the intent of the commented out section appears
to be to replace the stock nut-common.tmpfiles on some, but not all, rpm-
based distribution releases, but it got the filename wrong, and was
completely commented out.

So I changed it to replace nut-common.tmpfiles, as above, and didn't even
bother with the conditional.