[Nut-upsuser] Question about Tripp-Lite UPS life span

manuel wolfshant manuel.wolfshant at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 01:05:51 GMT 2023

On 2/7/23 14:28, Larry Fahnoe via Nut-upsuser wrote:
> Thanks Greg & Wolfy for your encouraging replies!
>
> I did check the momentary power switch yesterday and it is working properly; a good thread to read through though.
>
> Will pull it apart again today & put the old batteries back in--sometimes I just need that extra set of eyes on the puzzle so as not to overlook a good test. Can certainly verify polarity but I don't think I have anything on hand to do a load test. If the UPS wakes up with the old batteries then the new ones go back & I'll lean on the store for a load test. I'm guilty of not questioning my assumption that the new batteries were good!

I'd say that expecting "new" ( as in recently purchased ) products to be
in perfect shape ( unless ebay or made from chinesium, that is ) is a
fair assumption. Practice teaches us that not all fair assumptions are
also true :)

Now, in the event that the UPS will refuse to come up even with the old
batteries, I suggest a careful inspection of the electronic board, of
the cables and especially of capacitors and places where the cables are
soldered. Capacitors DO age with time and a bad connection ( maybe a
cable just got loose ) may prevent proper functioning.

wolfy