[Nut-upsuser] Using 'dummy.ups' for a real application, not just testing...

Tom tomdiviney at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 17:06:43 GMT 2023

Greg:

Thanks for your inputs...

>That makes sense.  So you'll have input voltage, output voltage, and
>output current I would guess.  You might consider a nodemcu (ESP8266)
>publishing via MQTT to reduce power and use of unobtainium.

Yes, that is exactly what I was planning to instrument.  Maybe battery
voltage too if I can access it.  I thought it might be useful to be able to
see the open circuit battery voltage while charging, I dunno.

I'll look into this.  I have no experience with nodemcu's, and never heard
of MQTT until your message, but I am always willing to learn
something new.  Has NUT been deployed on a nodemcu?  It looks like these do
not run traditional operating systems?