[Nut-upsuser] Using 'dummy.ups' for a real application, not just testing...

Tom tomdiviney at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 19:21:22 GMT 2023

> If you don't have a machine that can run nut as part of the always on,
> then your RPI0W approach makes a lot of sense.

This is definitely my scenario.
No other intelligence is involved so the Rpi was one-stop-shopping.

I had thought about an Rpi Pico, but again, it would not have been as
straight-forward to easily run NUT.  I had NUT running within maybe a half
hour on the Pi, and talking to the NAS.

I can see and appreciate your passion here.  I have to laugh because I
would feel like I was setting up an entire enterprise infrastructure just
to protect my scrawny little NAS from the occasional power spike !!  If you
have that infrastructure already (for whatever reason) then it is just a
small tweak to incorporate something new like this.