[Nut-upsuser] Problem with Multiple USB UPSs, including multiple apparent CyberPower

Jim Klimov jimklimov+nut at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 10:49:36 GMT 2023

What Charles said ;)

Generally (for any random OS) it is about a couple of things:
* Getting build environment/prerequisites set up as needed:
  - reading NUT docs/config-prereqs.txt can go a long way for many OSes
that CI regularly tests (or does not to regularly, but were touched upon
once since that document started): section K in the rendered docs at
https://networkupstools.org/docs/user-manual.chunked/index.html
  - reading OS packaging recipes, if they define build prerequisites and
procedure (RPM, DEB do)
* Getting "configure" script parameters (mostly paths) right, especially if
you want to replace the package rather than do a one-off test with a new
driver or tool without installing at all (may still want the right
sysconfdir, statepath, user/group) - also from packaging recipes

Jim