[Nut-upsuser] Init SSL without certificate database

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 03:21:49 GMT 2023

> On Jan 28, 2023, at 6:14 PM, Jim Klimov via Nut-upsuser <nut-upsuser at alioth-lists.debian.net> wrote:
>
> and I have a hard time guessing what distro might ship a "driver.version: DSM7-1-1-42930-workplus-version2-repack-42930-220712". Ask them what NUT version (release or snapshot) they use, and if they would consider shipping a newer one?

Jim, veering OT from the original post, but probably a Synology NAS? e.g. https://www.synoforum.com/threads/another-dsm7-regression-ups.6586/page-4

I could see this happening if someone unpacks a NUT release tarball in a larger Git/SVN working copy, and the NUT version expansion code picks up one of the parent repository's tags.

Ubuntu 22.04 includes NUT 2.7.4 + some Debian/Ubuntu patches, and is built against NSS instead of OpenSSL, hence that error. Ref: https://packages.ubuntu.com/jammy/nut -> https://packages.ubuntu.com/jammy/nut-client -> https://packages.ubuntu.com/jammy/libupsclient4

Roger, I don't think self-signed certificates will help in this case - if present, the code also logs a message to stderr showing the location of the certificate database: https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/blob/v2.7.4/clients/upsclient.c#L363