[Nut-upsuser] what is NUT

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Mon Mar 20 08:00:00 GMT 2023

On 19.03.23 19:07, Elton Jhon via Nut-upsuser wrote:
>hello I found the Nut project by chance and I wanted to know if it will
>serve my purpose.
>work with several brands of UPS (Eaton, CM, APC, Vertiv (Emerson)).

I use NUT to monitor power status and shutdown machines when necessary.
This is afaik the main functionality of NUT.

I have Eaton UPS at home, working with NUT without problems, my linux
machine even QNAP NAS suppoers it OOTB too.

>I want to know if I could change parameters, update UPS battery and
>firmware, etc?

I'm afraid this out of NUT's scope. Perhaps different UPS providers do have
software to do this. You don't need to update firmware periodically

My mind is like a steel trap - rusty and illegal in 37 states.