[Nut-upsuser] Info for decoding report from UPS

Jim Klimov jimklimov+nut at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 12:16:39 BST 2023

So, do you plan to write some new program for that UPS instead of trying to
use NUT? (Note there are also regular Windows builds on CI - with some
caveats so far).

I'm commuting now so can't find links easily, but can suggest you to peruse
the issue/PR tracker, there's a discussion about an SMS Brazil device with
links to PoC Python "driver" that's relatively straightforward. Or read up
NUT drivers, nutdrv_qx, blazer, and some others for megatec protocol
dialects. NUT website should have a protocol library with formal
definitions for some of those.

But really, not reinventing the wheel (at least, checking if ours does
roll) might be the faster option ;)

Jim