[Nut-upsuser] Stopping dummy ups from broadcasting messages

Roger Price roger at rogerprice.org
Fri Feb 16 16:08:00 GMT 2024

On Fri, 16 Feb 2024, Roger Price via Nut-upsuser wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Feb 2024, Dan Grostick via Nut-upsuser wrote:
>
>> Is there any way to stop dummy ups from continuously broadcasting status?
>> (onbatt)  I want to keep the broadcasts from the ups itself.
>
> Could you show us your entry in ups.conf for the dummy ups ?
>
> If you have an entry "port = file" in that section of ups.conf, could you
> show us the contents of "file" ?

It would also be interesting to see upsmon.conf, and in particular, the
NOTIFYFLAG declarations.  It is a weakness of upsmon that it is unable to
provide different behaviours for different UPS's, and if you have a NOTIFYFLAG
declaration including SYSLOG and WALL, these apply to the dummy ups as well as
the working UPS.

Roger