[Nut-upsuser] Keeping the traffis on or off the list ?

Harlan Stenn harlan at pfcs.com
Sat Feb 17 09:23:18 GMT 2024

I'd bet the following is news to nobody.

Some of us Dislike setting Reply-To: at all.

If it exists, there's an expectation that it should be followed.  Some
folks will want to reply to the sender, others to the list.  So no
matter which way is chosen, one group will be disappointed.  An email
client that makes it difficult for the user to override Reply-To: ...
makes it ... difficult.

*Not* setting Reply-To: lets the recipient decide.

The downside there is that it means the recipient has to put a bit of
thought in to where the reply should go.

But at least this way, at least some of us believe that the
responsibility lands where it should.