[Nut-upsuser] Upssched 100% CPU

Andy Smith andy at strugglers.net
Tue Mar 5 11:43:46 GMT 2024

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 05, 2024 at 08:37:32AM +0000, Dan Grostick via Nut-upsuser wrote:
> My Raspberry PI 3B was overheating - 70 degrees C.  I used Top and
> it turns out that upssched is taking 100% CPU.  Debian 11 (PI Os).
> I have two others running the same configuration, 2.8.1 with no
> problems.

I have no first hand knowledge of this issue, but in the change log
for the 2.8.1 release:

    https://networkupstools.org/historic/v2.8.1/docs/release-notes.chunked/NUT_Release_Notes.html#_release_notes_for_nut_2_8_1_what_8217_s_new_since_2_8_0

     A bug in upssched was discovered and fixed, where it ran a
     tight loop stressing the CPU; it was presumably introduced
     between NUT v2.7.4 and v2.8.0 releases [#1964, #1965]

I expect your Debian 11 Pi OS does not have 2.8.1, so maybe try that
version?

Thanks,
Andy