Remotepassfile encrypted?

Daniel Meszaros meszi at musiqus.org
Sun Nov 1 19:14:00 UTC 2009

Hi again,

I am wondering if there might be a possibility leaving the password in
an encrypted form rather than having it written readable.

I would like to set up some configuration "web page" that makes it
possible for the user to store a changed password when it was changed
within GoogleMail. Therefore some PHP capable web service would have to
have the possibility to read/write in the folder where the password is
stored.

It might be better to leave it encrypted then, right? Is offlineimap
able to read/decrypt passwords stored the way I intend to have it?

CU,
Mészi.