Dynamic plugin patches

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Wed Nov 25 21:26:12 UTC 2009

Christoph Höger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> now that things have settled down, I wanted to ask again about my
> previous dymanic plugin (and Gnome UI) patches.
>
> Any chance to merge them upstream?

Hi Christoph,

Thank you for the reminder.  I'm going back over my mail and it looks
like the last patches sent had some sort of encoding problem.  That was
back when the list was on Ecartis, so maybe it did something.

Anyhow, this being a pretty significant change, I'd ask:

 * Are there discrete commits for discrete features?  (That is, applying
the code to support plugin UI doesn't imply Gnome support)

 * Is it completely backwards compatible?

 * To what extent has it all been tested?

 * Will you commit to fixing bugs/answering questions about this feature
on the list?

I would expect to apply the patches if these four things are in good
shape -- and I'd imagine they would be.

Thanks,

-- John