Thanks & Updating Links (was Re: [ANNOUNCE] OfflineIMAP v6.3.1 released)

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Sun Dec 12 15:35:52 UTC 2010

On 12/11/2010 07:00 AM, Nicolas Sebrecht wrote:

> Thanks to every body who helped to make this release with patches and
> tips through the mailing list. This is clearly a release they own.

I'd like to extend my hearty thanks and congrats to this community, and
Nicolas in particular, as well.  There were some months there where
OfflineIMAP's future was uncertain.  Now I see more progress and
activity here than I have in, probably, years, and that is wonderful.

Now that there are two actual releases out, I think it's about time that
I start removing myself from the picture some more.  Back in my
retirement announcement [1], I announced that after "obvious consensus
in the community and evidence of long-term stability", I would update
the links on my pages to point to a new location.  I think there is
indeed obvious consensus around Nicolas as maintainer, and evidence of
long-term stability is certainly accumulating as well.

So, what form should this take?  I could update my links to point to
Nicolas' github pages.  Sebastian Spaeth has also offered
offlineimap.org to the community, should it be interested.  I have no
particular opinion on which route to go, only that whatever is chosen
should have maximum long-term stability and support from the community,
and, of course, work well with Nicolas' preferred workflow.

Thanks again,

-- John Goerzen

[1] http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.mail.imap.offlineimap.general/1759