Invalid Config with 6.3.1??

Paul Grove paul.a.grove at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 10:42:37 UTC 2010

Hi I didn't realize that the jgoerzen master branch was not the latest,
I've switched now to nicolas33's fork.

Unfortunately I seem to be getting some problems with my current config.

I've looked through the docs and cant see whats up... here's the error(s)
im getting:

WARNING: Error occured attempting to sync account Gmail: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'replace'
Next sync in 1:00
WARNING: Error occured attempting to sync account HRL: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'replace'
Next sync in 1:00
WARNING: Error occured attempting to sync account Tuscany: object of type 'NoneType' has no len()
Next sync in 1:00

Here is my config (with email addresses/servers xxx'ed out):

[general]

metadata = ~/.offlineimap

accounts = Gmail,Tuscany,HRL

maxsyncaccounts = 9

ignore-readonly = no

[Account Gmail]
localrepository = LocalGmail
remoterepository = RemoteGmail
autorefresh = 1
replace = 1

[Account Tuscany]
localrepository = LocalTuscany
remoterepository = RemoteTuscany
autorefresh = 1
replace = 1

[Account HRL]
localrepository = LocalHRL
remoterepository = RemoteHRL
autorefresh = 1
replace = 1

[Repository LocalGmail]
type = Maildir
localfolders = ~/maildir/gmail
sep = .

[Repository LocalGmail]
type = Maildir
localfolders = ~/maildir/gmail
sep = .

[Repository LocalTuscany]
type = Maildir
localfolders = ~/maildir/tuscany
sep = .

[Repository LocalHRL]
type = Maildir
localfolders = ~/maildir/hrl
sep = .

[Repository RemoteGmail]
type = Gmail
remoteuser = xxxx.x.xxxxx at gmail.com
realdelete = no

[Repository RemoteTuscany]
type = IMAP
remotehost = xxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com
ssl = yes
remoteuser = PaulG
holdconnectionopen = yes
maxconnections = 5
expunge = no

[Repository RemoteHRL]
type = IMAP
remotehost = xxxxxxxxxx.co.uk
ssl = yes
remoteuser = xxxx.xxxxx at xxxxx-xxxx.co.uk
holdconnectionopen = yes
maxconnections = 5
expunge = no

This config works fine for me with the jgoerzen/master branch.

As I said I've been through the docs, and I've also tried setting
replace = 1 on each account - just as a stab in the dark.

I've also tried 6.3.0 with same result.

Also I tried on two systems to build offlineimap.sgml without luck.

On both machines (one ubuntu, one ArchLinux) I get a load of parsing
errors - followed by this error:

unable to parse offlineimap.sgml
Unable to recognise encoding of this document at /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/XML/SAX/PurePerl/EncodingDetect.pm line 100.

As a result I've been reading the docs straight from the sgml file.

Hope someone can help,

Best Regards,
Paul Grove