About distribution maintainers ([ANNOUNCE] OfflineIMAP v6.3.0 released)

Nicolas Sebrecht nicolas.s-dev at laposte.net
Tue Dec 14 19:09:11 UTC 2010

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 01:19:42PM +0100, Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 06:42:04PM -0600, Sebastian Spaeth wrote:
>
> IMHO it would be sufficient to check the cert only for Python 2.6+,
> and issue a warning for older Pythons.
>
> Do you agree?

In theory and for the intention, yes. But there are a lot of huge
improvements that active developers are asked for and I don't think we
can do all of them in a reasonable time.

I'd rather to forget about these compatibility issues for now. If people
care enough about earlier version to 2.6, patches will be sent.