About distribution maintainers ([ANNOUNCE] OfflineIMAP v6.3.0 released)

John Ferlito johnf at inodes.org
Mon Dec 13 23:46:51 GMT 2010

On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 01:09:45PM +0100, Nicolas Sebrecht wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 11:26:22AM +1100, John Ferlito wrote:
> > On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 07:46:24PM +0100, Nicolas Sebrecht wrote:
>
> > > BTW, I don't think I'll maintain debian/changelog. At least, not in the
> > > debian way.
> > >
> > > Most users and maintainers may rather want to skip this release.
> >
> > I'm about to take the Debian package over as it is up for adoption.
> >
> > Feel free to remove all the debian bits from the upstream git repo.
> > Easier if they aren't there.
>
> Are you talking about the branches or the debian/ directory? Or both?

Debian directory can go. The debian branch is up to you. I'll be
basically forking in github and using the debian branch to do debian
work. So if you want to merge my changes back for redundancy purposes
then it might be a good idea to keep it.

> > I'll try and get this release uploaded in the next few days.
>
> Ok, thanks. Would you like to maintain the debian package in the long
> term?

Yes that's my intention.

So we actually need to move quickly on something. Alexander
Reichle-Schmehl pointed out to me that offlineimap is about to be
pulled from debian due to a *grave* bug.

offlineimap: fails check the remote servers ssl certificate is valid

Does anyone know if this has been looked at?

Cheers,
John

--
John