About distribution maintainers ([ANNOUNCE] OfflineIMAP v6.3.0 released)

Nicolas Sebrecht nicolas.s-dev at laposte.net
Tue Dec 14 18:58:38 GMT 2010

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 10:46:51AM +1100, John Ferlito wrote:

> Debian directory can go. The debian branch is up to you. I'll be
> basically forking in github and using the debian branch to do debian
> work. So if you want to merge my changes back for redundancy purposes
> then it might be a good idea to keep it.

I'm fine with this. Let's give it a try for some releases. If things go
the right way, I'll add you as the official maintainer in the
documentation. Could you give me your public fork address?

Please, don't hesitate to remind me back to merge your updates when
you're done.

> So we actually need to move quickly on something. Alexander
> Reichle-Schmehl pointed out to me that offlineimap is about to be
> pulled from debian due to a *grave* bug.

> offlineimap: fails check the remote servers ssl certificate is valid

This is a really, really, really sad story.

First, because this issue is known for ages and because of a user
raising this issue on the debian bugtracker, debian maintainers want an
immediate fix. This is irrational.

Second, because NOBODY from debian (until you, but I'm not even sure you
are a debian maintainer) gave any feedback on this problem. I've seen a
patch at the bug issue we weren't aware of. Sad.