X-OfflineIMAP header and Exchange

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Wed Feb 3 14:52:06 GMT 2010

Dominic LoBue wrote:
> I am working on doing a rewrite of OfflineIMAP, and since John hasn't
> responded to your question yet I'll field it.

Hi Dominic,

I wasn't aware of that, but I have repeatedly tried to hand of
"maintainer of OfflineIMAP" mantle to someone else.  What's the status
of your project?  I would be happy to hand it off entirely to someone
qualified and dedicated.

> Before I start responding to your questions though, let me begin by
> saying that I am still unsure myself of why exactly the X-OfflineIMAP
> header is constructed the way it is. I searched through the mailing

Primarily because it seemed easy and safe to start with.  Exchange is
rather broken in what it's doing, but adapting to it shouldn't hurt
anything.  That said, I work on this and many other projects on a
volunteer basis and haven't had the time to work around this bug in a
server that I never use myself.

I haven't had the chance to review the gmane links just now though.

If you develop a well-tested patch, I would be happy to apply it.

Thanks,

-- John