A comment on rewrites

Ng Oon-Ee ngoonee at gmail.com
Sun Jun 27 12:41:28 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-06-25 at 18:01 +0200, Stefano Canepa wrote:
> On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 08:34:20AM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
<long snip>

> > Having said that: once again, this is your project, so to those of
> > you that are willing to contribute to the community -- whether it be
> > a rewrite or not, whether it is called OfflineIMAP or not -- more
> > power to you, and thanks for the work you do.
> >
> > -- John
>
> I'm reading this email really late becouse I was a little bit busy
> during this period.
>
> I agree completelly with John, I started studing offlineimap code
> and I'm a great fun of python, if someone else is interested in
> a co-maintainance of the code I can try to find some time to
> work on the project.
>
> Speaking about a rewrite in other languages there are offlineimap
> alternatives written in perl or C.
>
> Bye
> Stefano

Disclaimer: I'm just a user, without the know-how to seriously delve
into coding.

What alternatives are you speaking about? Before settling on offlineimap
a year back I did my best to research the alternatives available and
found that for its feature-set (basically offline sync of IMAP) there
WERE no other alternatives. I think most here would like to know if
there are.