Read status lost after sync

Glen Pfeiffer glen at thepfeiffers.net
Fri May 7 17:57:03 UTC 2010

On 03 May 2010, Glen Pfeiffer wrote:
> On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 4:33 PM, Glen Pfeiffer wrote:
>
> [snip]
> > When I move a 'new' email to a different directory, when the
> > sync executes next, the read status is lost on that email.
> > What I mean by that, is that it will appear as unread.
> >
> > Do any of you have any ideas how to fix this?

[snip]
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.mail.imap.offlineimap.general/1659
>
> There was no resolution posted in that thread. Are there any
> ideas? Is this a bug?

In the thread mentioned, someone said they reproduced this with
Dovecot and therefore it is not Gmail specific. I have attempted
to reproduce with an Exchange IMAP server, and was not able to
reproduce. So it may not be Gmail specific, but it is not global
either.

I also just tried not using the Gmail type, and changed to a
regular IMAP type. But that did not solve the problem.

Is anyone on the list able to help at all?

--
Glen