Offlineimap is dead, long live offlineimap?

Nicolas Sebrecht nicolas.s-dev at laposte.net
Fri May 21 03:04:35 UTC 2010

[ Looks like my previous sent didn't passed, resending... ]

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 12:02:03PM +0200, Christoph Höger wrote:

> 2. Should we move on to another (compiled) language to make maintenance
> easier?

About rewriting, I think it could be nice to look further at language.

What about Ruby or Go?

As someone already told in this thread, compiled language probably won't
help in maintenance. But for experiments and fun, it could be done in
the Go language.

> 3. Is there anybody who has some interest in answering 1. and 2. for the
> long term?

To be fair, I'm seriously thinking about writing my own mail client. All
of them I've tried sucks in many ways (FMPOV at least).

This is not directly related to writing an IMAP client but who knows. I
don't think an IMAP client already exists in Go (or is even started),
for example.