Updated SQLite LocalStatus patch (CAUTION)

Rob Browning rlb at defaultvalue.org
Wed Nov 3 02:58:03 UTC 2010

Stewart Smith, the author of the original SQLite patch was kind enough
to send a copy to me; apparently the original version isn't available in
the list archives.

I've tried to update the patch with respect to the current offlineimap
code, but only by reviewing the git conflicts, so I don't really know if
the changes are correct.  This is just a very lightly adjusted version
of the patch Stewart sent me.

Since offlineimap doesn't have anything like "make check", I'm not
likely to try this on real data (and you shouldn't either) until I've
had a chance to perform some testing.  However, since I also don't know
when I'll have time for that, I thought I'd post the patch here in case
someone else has time to test sooner.

This patch is intended to switch offlineimap to use an SQLite db for the
LocalStatus information.  Among other things, that prevents offlineimap
from rewriting the entire status file for every delivery.  For some
directories here, the rewrite causes 3MB of IO for each message.

*CAUTION - COMPLETELY UNTESTED PATCH*