Future of OfflineIMAP

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Thu Nov 11 22:53:17 UTC 2010

On 11/11/2010 09:57 AM, Philippe LeCavalier wrote:

> I would gladly take it on even-though I have zero time for something
> like this but I am not a coder and never will be. I'm assuming the later
> is a prerequisite? Can I oversee anything despite my inability?

Yes, you can.  Being a Python programmer is helpful, but *not* required.

If you keep the project on Github, you'll want to know a bit about git
and github, plus making tarballs for releases.  Being able to apply
patches others send in, and processing Git pull requests, will be at the
heart of keeping the project alive which is all that's needed right now.

-- John