maxage only works for flags?

Ron ronr at linuxdude.com
Mon Nov 15 14:15:55 UTC 2010

> The maxage must be set in the account section - not in the repository
> section.  Perhaps you could include that section of your .offlineimaprc
> file?
>
> You can do an IMAP sync between two imap servers - the definition of
> local and remote is rather arbitrary.  Offlineimap simply maps the
> message IDs from the remote to the local.
>
> Maxage works by doing an IMAP search no the remote server - so one needs
> to be sure that the remote server supports IMAP searches - which almost
> all do.

Thanks for the reply Mike.

Here's the config I'm using now. I switched it to IMAP->IMAP and tried if from
both sides and it runs. Previously, I was doing IMAP->Maildir from my home
machine only, thus the commented out lines. I just switched [Repository
Remote]/[Repository Local] to run it from my office machine.

In any case the maxage is ignored. I thought maybe "age" was being determined in
someway I didn't understand so I tried maxsize to see if that worked and it also
was ignored.

Both machines are recent Ubuntu 10/64bit installs.

I'd really like to figure this out as OfflineIMAP would be great if I can get it
to ignore old/large email.

Thanks.

-------------------------------
[general]