Maintainer proposal (was: Future of OfflineIMAP)

Nicolas Sebrecht nicolas.s-dev at laposte.net
Tue Nov 16 18:39:57 UTC 2010

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 11:14:52AM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:

> It would probably be a good idea to make a new release, containing
> your new contact information, etc.

Yes, of course ; will do.

> If you enable the wiki, I will be happy to help you load up the
> current wiki content from my jgoerzen account into your new wiki.
> Github now exposes the wikis with git, so that will be pretty easy.
>
> I'll also be happy to update my wiki to point to your site.

It would be nice. BTW, I'll tell you when the above requirements are
done, so the transition will be more natural for the users.

> Once you've made a release or two, I could make those into HTTP
> permanent redirects even.  (You'll have to excuse my excessive
> caution on that point; I've had one or two people in the past
> volunteer to maintain it, but then disappear.)

It's clearly not a problem FMPOV.

<OT>
I have no idea why but I didn't receive my previous mail back from the
mailing list. So, I think it could be valuable to move the mailing list
to a new hoster. I could open a project at Google Code, I don't know.

Now, I have no idea how to retrieve current members if we do so. It is
probably a thing more to think for the migration.
</OT>

Thanks John for your encouragement,