[tom111 at gmx.de: Re: offlineimap running wild]

Thomas Kahle tom111 at gmx.de
Wed Nov 17 17:59:56 UTC 2010

Hi,

Here is a reply that I sent off-list accidentially.

Cheers,
Thomas

----- Forwarded message from Thomas Kahle <tom111 at gmx.de> -----

From: Thomas Kahle <tom111 at gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 17:49:02 +0100
Subject: Re: offlineimap running wild
To: Christoph Höger <choeger at cs.tu-berlin.de>

Hi,

On 17:32 Wed 17 Nov     , Christoph Höger wrote:
> I start offlineimap with crontab every 5 minutes.

I do the same, running it with "-o".

> recently this happens at least once a day: offlineimap seems to complete
> the transaction (logs were clear) and then simply hangs there eating up
> my cpu and waiting to be KILLed. I do not know what causes this, but it
> must be some weird threading stuff.

I've seen this happening but it is seldom.  I think it has happened to
me 3 or 4 times in the last weeks.  I have not debugged anything yet.

Cheers,
Thomas

--
Thomas Kahle