Current users with gmail?

ael law_ence.dev at ntlworld.com
Tue Nov 9 20:14:35 GMT 2010

> Ng Oon-Ee <ngoonee <at> gmail.com> writes:
> > Could I just get a quick reply if you are currently using offlineimap
> > with a gmail account?

Using badge-engineered (by my isp) gmail with offlineimap here.
I need to apply the patch

<         if self.getstate() == 'SELECTED'and hasattr(self, 'selectedfolder'):
---
>         if self.getstate() == 'SELECTED':

to imapserver.py. This patch occurs in a bug report which seems to have
been overlooked. I can't remember where I found it, but it is quite old.
No idea why most others do not seem to need it. Not sure if it was
gmail-specific: I also use a real imap server.

No problems with the (badge-engineered) gmail once that is applied & the
badge-engineered URI and names are changed. But the gmail "imap"
nonsense is vile.

ael