Maintainer proposal

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Tue Nov 16 20:09:32 GMT 2010

On 11/16/2010 12:39 PM, Nicolas Sebrecht wrote:
> <OT>
> I have no idea why but I didn't receive my previous mail back from the
> mailing list. So, I think it could be valuable to move the mailing list

There is a setting on the Mailman page for receiving copies of your own
posts... they are in the archives.

> to a new hoster. I could open a project at Google Code, I don't know.

I will be happy to add you as an admin to the current list, or help you
migrate elsewhere, or both, as you desire.  There was a discussion on
this topic in the not so distant past, so you may wish to read that
before opening up this particular can of worms again.  Here are the two
threads:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.mail.imap.offlineimap.general/1601

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.mail.imap.offlineimap.general/1629

My own experience: I have been happy with Alioth, and the admins there
are a lot more responsive and helpful than at Google.  One other list I
used to host moved there and it is working well.  Spam is a bigger
problem with Google Groups.

> Now, I have no idea how to retrieve current members if we do so. It is
> probably a thing more to think for the migration.

Pretty easy to get from the Mailman web admin console.

-- John