High CPU usage on large gmail attachments

Ng Oon-Ee ngoonee at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 07:59:22 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I run offlineimap as a cron job (actually a script which checks whether
offlineimap is running, if its not it starts it, every 5 minutes).

Recently (6.0.2+nmu) I've noticed that downloading emails with large
attachments from gmail tends to make offlineimap consume 100% CPU (50%
since I'm dual-core). This could be related with an update to python 2.7
here (rather than python 2.6 previously).

Anyone experiencing the same? Any suggestions on debugging?