Current users with gmail?

Rupert Swarbrick rswarbrick at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 08:08:26 UTC 2010

Thomas Kahle <tom111 at gmx.de> writes:
> Hi,
>
> On 08:55 Wed 20 Oct     , Ng Oon-Ee wrote:
>> So I've sent two users a relatively large email (almost 10 MB, one mp3
>> and one wma attachment).
>
> I found the email in my mailbox this morning, no issues.  I guess
> everything went just fine.  A bit about my setup: I'm on python 2.6.
> I'm running offlineimap through a cron job that tests for an internet
> connection and other instances of offlineimap an then checks the last
> running time.  If the last running time is less than 30 Minutes ago it
> will do a full sync, otherwise just inboxes.  When running the full sync
> CPU consumption does go up to 100% for 2-3 seconds, but I never
> challanged this.  I'm syncing 50.000 mails on 4 servers.

Heh, I've got a very similar setup! Anyway, same here: it worked
fine.

>> I suppose the proper test case would be to download a large email then
>> disconnect while downloading it. The next time I have a large attachment
>> I'll try that. If the same thing happens then the bug is with
>> offlineimap's graceful failure (or lack thereoff).
>
> I did not try the disconnecting, some more planning would need to go
> into this.

Yes, although I guess one can set it up to test by sending a massive
email to a dev at null.com address. Then GMail will stick a copy in your
Sent Items folder, which OfflineImap will sync... (sending to yourself
doesn't seem to work with GMail, since it detects the duplicate with the
sent message or something)

Rupert