Updating offlineimap in SliTaz

Johannes Stezenbach js at sig21.net
Thu Oct 14 13:30:47 BST 2010

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 01:55:56PM +0200, Julien Rabier wrote:

> I'm a SliTaz (http://slitaz.org) developer and the current maintainer of
> offlineimap in the distribution.
>
> I'm a bit stuck with the sources retrieval of offlineimap at the moment.
> Would it be possible to add the latest (and also in the future)
> version of offlineimap in the Download section of GitHub ?
>
> Right now, it's possible to download each tagged versions but there is no
> "official" downloads available. This could seem weird but it's a pain in
> the
> ass for me to use the tagged versions to have the package created
> automagically in the slitaz way.

Well, offlineimap is currently without maintainer, if you volunteer
to adopt it you could do anything you like.

Downloading tarballs via github works for me, e.g. for tag "6.1.2":

$ wget -O offlineimap-6.1.2.tar.gz http://github.com/jgoerzen/offlineimap/tarball/debian/6.1.2

but the top-level directory in the tarball is called
"jgoerzen-offlineimap-409134c". Sigh...

> OfflineIMAP homepage: http://software.complete.org/offlineimap

out of date

Johannes