support for starttls

Tue Apr 5 12:08:33 UTC 2011

On Mon, 4 Apr 2011 00:02:39 +0200, dtk <d.t.k at gmx.de> wrote:
> I tried to use offlineimap[0] with an IMAP server that only[1][2] speaks
> STARTTLS and got the known 'unknown protocol' error[3] when specifying
> remoteport = 143 and ssl = yes.

No, python's imaplib doesn't support STARTTLS and so we never supported
it. That having said, the capability was just added to python 3.2 and it
is also available in imaplib2 (which we bundle since this version), so
we should be able to implement STARTTLS support quite easily. I added
this as a reminder to my tracker: http://trac.sspaeth.de/issue17

Sorry that I don't have better news.