GMAIL hangs

Tue Apr 26 13:12:25 UTC 2011

I continue to happily sync with my IMAP server and offlineimap.6.3.3 and
it works flawlessly. However, when I try to sync with Gmail, it reliably
hangs after syncing a couple of emails (say after between 20-200 emails).

While I suspect Gmail of many things, it seems that in these cases gmail
actually has finished sending the email just fine, and we are somehow
still stuck, waiting for things to happen. A typical debug log would
stall here...