ERROR in syncfolder for (username) folder INBOX : null byte in argument for long()

Thu Apr 28 12:49:25 UTC 2011

On Wed, 27 Apr 2011 08:15:04 -0700 (PDT), chris coleman <christocoleman at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Any suggestion what to do to fix this??  ( BTW this output is using the 6.2.0.2
> version. )
>
> Chris
>

> "WARNING : Error occurred attempting to sync account (username): too many values
> to unpack
>
> WARNING : Error in syncfolder for (username2) folder INBOX : null byte in
> argument for long()

>     return self._mb.getmessage(self, self.r2l[uid])
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/offlineimap/folder/IMAP.py", line 211,
> in getmessage
>     return initialresult[1][0][1].replace("\r\n", "\n")
> TypeError: 'NoneType' object is unsubscriptable

Sounds like a bad IMAP reply from the IMAP server. Unfortunately the
6.2.x logging doesn't provide more info. There have been bug fixes since
then, so I encourage you to try a newer offlineimap.

Sorry to not be of more help