Bad sent syncing

Nicolas Sebrecht nicolas.s-dev at laposte.net
Thu Apr 28 17:22:37 UTC 2011

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 02:10:28PM +0100, Kai Hendry wrote:

> On 28 April 2011 13:43, Sebastian Spaeth <Sebastian at sspaeth.de> wrote:
> > What's with the duplicate? Do you sent yourself a BCC copy? Are you
> > included in the recipient list (of e.g. a mailing list)? In this case,
> > you should be seeing emails twice in your inbox.
>
> In the cases where I do send to a mailing list or something, I do
> expect two copies. But in this case I can see _many several_
> duplicates at times.

Having duplicated emails is a common issues. This is not specific to
offlineimap.

What I do myself with mutt is to bcc or cc myself on each send (not
manually, of course).

I wonder if your SMTP server doesn't store sent emails in the sent
folder itself (with mutt doing the same). Do you always use the same
SMTP server?

What happen if you use another folder to store your sent emails from
mutt (e.g. 'sent_mail')?