ERROR in syncfolder for (username) folder INBOX : null byte in argument for long()

chris coleman christocoleman at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 28 17:28:12 UTC 2011

Nicolas, I fully agree.

We use offlineimap like an IMAP'ed version of fetchmail, to two-way sync our
remote and local mailboxes.  It is such an important process, that when
offlineimap is dying/crashing from bad data, that's terribly frustrating.

The current error message doesn't give me enough clear info to know, beyond a
doubt, which row of precisely which file is corrupt.

( The corresponding message's date/time/from/to/subject, and whether it's in the
local or remote repository, would be very great to have, as well.  )

Bonus: A non-destructive technique to regenerate the row of bad data would be
amazing. If it somehow could just delete the bad row of garbage, and regenerate
it fresh without triggering any further cascading gigabytes of data upload or
download (except maybe the single message).

Your opinons??

Chris