TLS?

Sebastian Spaeth Sebastian at sspaeth.de
Sat Apr 9 14:13:58 BST 2011

On Sat, 9 Apr 2011 14:10:19 +0200, Hector Muñoz <hectormunozh at gmail.com> wrote:
> openssl works! My mistake was i had configured 143 port. When i changed to
> 993 port, it worked!
>
> Thanks for your help! :)

Good to know, now someone needs *only* :-) to write a patch to bail out
with a more helpful error message. A misconfigured port leading to such
an opaque error message is probably not the best of all things.

E.g. something like this at the right place:

except ssl.error, e:
    if repository.getint('port') != 443 and str(e)=='SSL:bla bla':
        raise SyntaxWarning('SSL version could not be detected and '
    'non-standard port %d for SSL configured. Make sure your'
    'configuration is correct.' % repository.getint('port'))

So my plan for next release cycle: IDLE, sqlite, error messages...