Bad sent syncing

Kai Hendry hendry at iki.fi
Thu Apr 28 21:16:05 BST 2011

On 28 April 2011 18:22, Nicolas Sebrecht <nicolas.s-dev at laposte.net> wrote:
> What I do myself with mutt is to bcc or cc myself on each send (not
> manually, of course).

I think it's better just to record to the inbox myself ... I don't see
the point of bcc or cc-ing oneself. It just creates unnecessary
traffic imo.

> I wonder if your SMTP server doesn't store sent emails in the sent
> folder itself (with mutt doing the same). Do you always use the same
> SMTP server?

There is a sent folder on server, though I don't use it.

> What happen if you use another folder to store your sent emails from
> mutt (e.g. 'sent_mail')?

I did say in my earlier mail, when I save to the "sent" folder,
instead of the inbox, this problem seems to be avoided. Though I have
not given this a thorough test because I hate having sent mail in a
separate folder, as I like one united view mode where I can read my
own emails in context.

Kind regards,