Gmail with nested labels

Mon Aug 8 13:49:12 UTC 2011

On Fri, 5 Aug 2011 18:33:00 +0200, Nicolas Sebrecht wrote:
> > but instead I get three folders on the same level like this
> > Receipts
> > Receipts.Travel
> > Receipts.Work
>
> This is expected. It's the normal maildir structure. Each box having
> only its own new, cur and tmp subdirectories.

Yeah, but offlineimap is smarter than we think :-). It can do
Receipts/cur
Receipts/new
Receipts/tmp
Receipts/Travel/cur
Receipts/Travel/new
Receipts/Travel/tmp
Receipts.Work/cur
Receipts.Work/new
Receipts.Work/tmp

which is valid maildir too when the sep = / has been set.

However, the sep= setting is pretty mysterious and I would prefer if we
completely did away with it (we can query it from the IMAP server if we
want it). Instead we should perhaps use a boolean nested_folders = True
or something that is a bit more explanatory.