offlineimap and spamassassin

Mon Aug 8 14:50:15 UTC 2011

On Thu, 28 Jul 2011 17:24:51 +0100, Chris Dennis <cgdennis at btinternet.com> wrote:
> But I can't work out how to get offlineimap to talk to spamassassin.
> The pre- and postsynchook scripts don't seem to receive any parameters
> indicating which emails are new and need to be scanned.

No, there are currently no per-message hooks and there are no parameters about
what exactly has changed that are being passed to anything. I use
eg. notmuchmail.org which does its own detection of what has changed.

How would sensible per-message hooks best look like? One being invoked
for anything that is being added / modified / deleted on the Maildir?
This needs some discussion and consensus before I invest time in this
(sensible) proposal.